The iButton Capsule is a cannister used to protect iButton Thermochron Loggers (DS1921 and DS1922 series) from moisture, solvents and pressure during applications; such as: Autoclave sterilization, environmental research and monitoring of beverage production.
This unit consists of the base with the cavity for a F5-sized iButton and a screw-in plug with O-ring to seal the enclosure.
The capsule is made of polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) which has excellent mechanical properties; namely:
- Remains stable during both long and short-term exposure to high temperatures
- resistant to sunlight, ozone, oxygen, and UV light
- Inherent flame resistance
- Outstanding chemical resistance - Inert to steam, strong bases, fuels and acids
- Although PPS is virtually insoluble below 200°C, it can be attacked by chlorinated hydrocarbons